Follow these simple safety tips and enjoy your new whittling hobby to its fullest.
- Be comfortably seated with your feet on the floor.
- Cover your lap with a thick material (such as leather) or a hard surface (such as a cutting board).
- Protect your fingers/hands by using a thumb guard and cut resistant gloves.
- Always cut with the blade edge away from your body.
- Take your time and make small, careful cuts.
- Keep a sharp edge on your blade. Knives with dull edges are more difficult to maintain control of while in use.